Foursquare v4 Wish List
  • ChaunceChaunce March 2011
    Let us know what things you would like to see in the next version of Foursquare.
  • ChaunceChaunce March 2011
    We would like to see venue ratings incorporated into the next version
  • socialDinosocialDino March 2011
    A delete or flag a tip option.

Put an expiration date on a tip.
  • GordonWernerGordonWerner March 2011
    Tip expiration dates would be awesome ... provided they are used (correctly) ... would help clean out of alot of the event specific tips that are of no value.
  • BeatMaticsBeatMatics March 2011
    The ability to tag friends in your check in.
  • NessunoNessuno March 2011
    that would be awesome!
  • TriZzzTriZzz March 2011
    The SXSW Foursquare page. For all major metropolitan cities. How cool would that be...? I'm thinking I want to go downtown tonight. Check out www.foursquare.com/DC (Washington DC for this example) then see where my friends are on a map, venues that are trending/swarming. I know that's not the Foursquare app...but I think it would be useful and awesome.
    I wonder what kind of load the downtown Austin map put on 4sq's servers ... I agree though it would be a cool way to visualize trending venues
    I'd suggest Tip Rating ... if you rate someone's tip (positively) then they get points ... and poorer voted tips move down to deletion
  • Pete_NicePete_Nice March 2011
    I would like to be able to choose what venues are my favorite, not have foursquare choose for me and they sometimes show up.

Knowing where swarms are is a good idea also.

How about a trending venue being more than 10, 20 or 30 people. I see a lot of trending venues with 3 or 4 people checked in.

Let mayors edit the venue and then send the edit in for approval to make sure it is not something stupid from someone stupid but a legit change.

How about accepting applications for superusers that can merge. There should be several active superusers in every major metropolitan area and regular users should know who those superusers are, why is it a secret?
  • lol220lol220 March 2011
    I would like to have a feature (notification/alert for comments on check-ins/shoutouts).
    I think this will be a really big help for us!
  • BeatMaticsBeatMatics March 2011
    This feature is already available on the Android/iPhone app in settings - pings.
  • DJROCCODJROCCO April 2011
    It would be great to have a delete check-in option on the iPhone app.
  • NessunoNessuno April 2011
    How about the ability to update a tip. I made a typo and could not change it, it was embarrassing after a re-read it! oops!
  • ChaunceChaunce April 2011
    Agreed. I would even be happy if 4sq only allowed tips edits through the website and not mobile.
    How about having 4sq update the Facebook places section.
    The ability to receive pings from friends no matter the distance of their location.
    Re-categorizing venues that were done wrong when they were created. Example, I became mayor of a tobacco shop, Who ever set this venue up categorized it as BBQ. As mayor i should have the ability to make this change.
    These are all really great ideas. Keep them coming, I am drafting up a post to have on MoG so that we can broadcast these great ideas.
    I would like to see badge levels. For example, Gym Rat level 3, as you continue to work out you receive more badges, but in the form of levels. I have believed for some time that this would keep people active and inspire certain activities to be continued.
    I also believe that a venue image would be great. This would be helpful for people trying to find a place and they don't know what it looks like.
    How about a way to see the last person who checked in to a venue.
    How would this be useful? Just curious.
    To Defend Your mayorships.
  • TriZzzTriZzz April 2011
    They used to do. Show you images of people who had checked in there, but I think there were privacy concerns so they just did away with it.
    Yep, I can see were that would be an issue.
  • ejaymuejaymu April 2011
    Specific to mobile apps - Separate the friends list from the brands/celebrities you are following - similar to the way it is presented in the website.
  • I have over 70 retail stores I manage. I would like a way to send our new Mayors a tweet to congratulate them on their new title.
  • CReginaldoCReginaldo April 2011
    I would like to receive informations about the categories of the venue at the time of ckeckin
    I'd like to get notified (via email or something) when you get ousted or about to get ousted as the mayor!
  • JBjimbobJBjimbob May 2011
    It would be awesome to tag ur friends while @ a venue, instead of checking in through foursquare, then loging into my facebook to tag a friend whos right next to me. And if possible as well to for example: I wanna go to south beach and I wanna see whats a popular spot around that area instead of goin nuts to try to find something. Those would be two great additions to foursquare in my opinion. (:
Star Wars Snowflakes

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Foursquare Badge List