16 Candles

How to unlock:
    1. Shout “Happy Birthday __(name)__” 5 times while checking in
    2. Shouts may be all in the same day

Unlock instructions verified on: 01/18/2013

Unlock Message:
    "Treat yourself to another cupcake - that's 5 birthday shoutouts from you!"
  • donaldkksdonaldkks June 2011
    This badge now is not active? I shouted "happy birthday" more than 5 times. Even with a minutes interval doesn't unlock?
  • yea i've had the same problem also, think you last shout has to be checked in with the person
  • JR1JR1 June 2011
    Hmmm... Well looks like another one i will have to test out. Just trird to shout it 5 times and also tried to shout it 43 times then shout the 5th with a checkin. Both times no badge. So i will play around with it more in the am. Let u know what i fig out. The only other thing i can think of off hand is that only 1 shout a day counts towards this badge. I will test that out too.
  • RainWave23RainWave23 June 2011
    It shouldn't have anything to do with checking in with someone. When I got it, I literally shouted "Happy Birthday [name]" 5 times, used 5 different names, all within 10 minutes.
  • CastaliaCastalia June 2011
    How can i shout in this new version
    I'm not sure. You could always shout from the mobile website.

https://foursquare.com/mobile/shout
    Btw i noticed no new recent unlock in twitter
    I just did a search for "16 candles badge" on twitter and noticed there were two unlocks within the last 5 minutes, and a few more within the last 4-6 hours. It's definitely still active.
  • MorrMorr June 2011
    I think you need to do 5 shouts and one shout linked to a check in
    None of mine were linked to a check-in.
    Still nothing shouted 6 times no unlock
  • TymoraTymora June 2011
    We were just battling this issue with Munchies badge. It turned out to be that what we originally did in five minutes, we now have to do in five days. Try 1 shout per day for 5 days
  • ChaunceChaunce June 2011
    I updated the directions above with "unique days". Once it is confirmed we can remove the (unconfirmed) part
  • Yea but you have to have 5 ppls birthday within 5 days how is that going to work.
    Separate, not consecutive days
  • TymoraTymora June 2011
    @rocky1960 They don't have to be consecutive...but you can also wish random happy bdays. I got mine wishing lady gaga a happy bday.
    Ha ha, nice one
  • TymoraTymora June 2011
    It really was her bday
  • 9w2pat9w2pat June 2011
    i shouted...many times a day...also cannot...shouted 1x daily also didn't get....wonder what happens???
  • BrenBren June 2011
    Like rainwave23 said I shouted 5 different times all with 5 different names all in 1 day and it unlocked. Make sure not to just shout Happy Birthday but to include a name. I made sure to use names of ppl that were friends Foursquare don't know if that makes a difference
  • badgehead June 2011
    I earned this badge today. everytime I checked in, i shouted "Happy Birthday A" then B, C, D and E. dont have to be concecutive/separated days. But the comment might be case sensitive.
  • TymoraTymora June 2011
    It doesn't appear to be case sensitive. I have shouts that weren't capitalized.
  • AnamokdeciAnamokdeci June 2011
    You have to shout Happy Birthday (name of person) four times. Just a shout. Don't add a check-in to the shout. However, the fifth shout MUST be together with a check-in anywhere. And the shouts can be consecutive, you don't have to do it for 5 separate days. Try it. It will work.
  • TymoraTymora June 2011
    @anamokdeci that was tested and failed. A few monthes ago you could get the badge in one day with just 5 shouts...no check ins. The rules on the badges have recently been changed. We've done the shout/check in (and I just tested your specific method). They failed. We are currently testing one shout a day
    I got my 16 candles badge on June 12th at 11:48am at my place doing exactly as I told you here. Checking in at my place at the 5th shout. I really thought that this would work for u too... I really can't explain. I'm glad I got the badge, though! Thanx Tymora. Btw, nice to meet u!
    And I have to add that I was with my friend on the 14th of June, at 4:58 pm in my place and I showed him how to get this badge. He did the same as I did. It also worked for him.
  • dont think it works that way anymore
    sorry to hear that!!!
  • neiceek June 2011
    Yay i got it. Now just need the dounche badge
  • donaldkksdonaldkks June 2011
    How you got it?
Star Wars Snowflakes

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Foursquare Badge List