Foursquare Info and News
  • JR1JR1 July 2011
    General information about 4sqr not pertaning to rules & policies.

4sqr pages to know about:
    Main 4sqr page is Here
    To find brands to follow click Here
  • JR1JR1 July 2011
    If you goto the brands to follow page on the top left corner of every brand that has a badge available and some that have had a badge available will have a small picture of a grey partner badge with a start in the center of it. If you put the mouse on the mini badge it will say "badge available". Great way to know what brands you have to follow to unlock all the current badges.
  • CastaliaCastalia July 2011
    there are some pages like mazda still list their badge as active
  • JR1JR1 July 2011
    There are alot if pages that never change their info.. And a bunch that claim to have badges that dont and prob never will. I wish they would force the brands to keep their pages upto date and not lie about badges.
  • JR1JR1 July 2011
    On the top right of the 4sqr main page when you login (near the logout,help, app, setttings tabs) they now have a spot for notifications. This will tell you when you have any notification on 4sqr. According to foursquare the notification tab will help you: "Keep up with the latest! Fresh comments, bonus points, and friend info will all show up here, in the new Notification Tray."

• JR1JR1 July 2011
    Forusquare redid 4sqr mobile today removing the shout option from the list of things you can do (option #3). Now you can only shout on 4sqr mobile with a checkin. For all of you who jump and use the shout trick to not have to consider travel time that will no longer work. From now on when jumping using 4sqr mobile you will need to conside travel time. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.
  • AnamokdeciAnamokdeci July 2011
    This is very sad!!!!!
  • TymoraTymora July 2011
    C-blockers! That sux!
  • JR1JR1 July 2011
    AGREE
  • JR1JR1 July 2011
    New Blackberry 4sqr update released today. Version 3.1 ... Update includes support for BBM6 and incremental updates to the UI and app preformance.
  • TymoraTymora July 2011
    Already?!
  • JR1JR1 July 2011
    Yea I was suprised too. It's because of the release of BBM6. Which i dont really get cause i dont see how the 4sqr app will interface with that but we will see.
  • TymoraTymora July 2011
    @JR1 where did you find that update? I just went to 4sq's page and its still only offering 3.0.2
  • JR1JR1 July 2011
    @tymora BB app world sent me a msg saying the update was available.
  • TymoraTymora July 2011
    Heffers didn't notify me but I found in app world
  • DavidYeskettDavidYeskett August 2011
    Do you know if you can add one tips to multiple locations at once? i.e. if I want to add a tip to all Target stores in the nation it would be too time consuming to go one by one
  • JR1JR1 August 2011
    @DavidYeskett They do not have a way to do that that I have ever heard of or seen. I know all the brands have to go through venue by venue and leave a tip at every venue they want a tip at. Do you mind if i ask what kindov tip you would want to leave at every target store in the country? Do you work for them?
  • iamciamc August 2011
    Ty JR!
  • JR1JR1 August 2011
    New Blackberry 4sqr update released today. Version 3.1.5 .. Includes improved BBM functionality as well as incremental UI/feture updates.
  • HarjifangkiHarjifangki August 2011
    Hmm... Looks like Foursquare forgets Nokia.
    This Jimmy Foursquare guy keeps nagging me about my out of date application.
  • JR1JR1 August 2011
    Nope, that's the same old stuff. They haven't update it since months or maybe a year ago.
  • JR1JR1 August 2011
    4sqr released an update today of their entire site. If you have not logged into their main page yet on the computer fyi they have changed the entire layout. I think it will work out better in the long run, but it does take a little getting used to.
    Yeah, now they have that list thingy. Not so useful though,
  • vecvec August 2011
    To tell you the truth, I didn't even notice the change. After reading your post, I had to go back and look again, lol
  • JR1JR1 August 2011
    Please note that using anything other then a 3rd party app that reports ur actual location or 4sqr mobile may result in your 4sqr acct being flagged. 4sqr has been cracking down on this alot more lately so if you do use any 3rd party apps that do not report your real location to 4sqr dont be suprised if your acct gets flagged and you get a message from 4sqr.
  • EdgerEdger August 2011
    Mmmmm, goodbye 4sqr...
  • JR1JR1 August 2011
    This has been going on now for a while. Some 3rd party apps havent been flagged yet. But they seem to be finding them all. Now any app that reports your actual location is fine and will not get flaged neither will anything you do on 4sqr mobile.
  • choad17choad17 August 2011
    I find the best way to not get flagged is having an iPhone and Jailbreaking it and then getting a Location Spoofer. I don't think 4sqr could ever tell if you are using it or not.
  • JR1JR1 August 2011
    Foursquare rolls out event support:

Today foursquare continued their week of big launches by rolling out event support. Users will now be able to check in to events as they check in to venues on foursquare. The first round includes support for concerts, sporting events and movies.

Using the new events feature, you’ll no longer need to shout the name of the concert or movie when you check in. Foursquare will prompt you to do so automatically when you’re checking in to a venue with events. You’ll have the option to check in to the venue by itself or to any of the movies, concerts or sporting events occurring there within the next few hours. The event you’re attending will be shown to your friends anywhere your checkin shows up.
Star Wars Snowflakes

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Foursquare Badge List