General Discussion
  • JR1JR1 July 2011
    Wanted to create a discussion where people could ask questions or post comments that dont have a category/ discussion to fit into.
  • 4bah_9ahuL4bah_9ahuL July 2011
    thanks @JR1 I like it!
  • EdgerEdger July 2011
    Great...
  • iamciamc July 2011

I have some google+ invites, if you want in, please DM me your email address on twitter @iamc :)
  • JR1JR1 July 2011
    New blackberry 4sqr app update released today. Version 3.0.2 they did an overhaul of the app making it more user friendly and added in alot of cool new options.
  • TymoraTymora July 2011
    Yay! I'm gonna check out right now! I <3 my Torch!
  • choad17choad17 July 2011
    Since you get extra points if it is your first time in a state, someone should request to foursquare a 50 state badge that unlocks when you have visited all 50 states. Anyone done this yet? That would be a well earned badge!
  • TymoraTymora July 2011
    Or a Siamese Twins badge for checking in with the same friend 100 days in a row
  • ejaymuejaymu July 2011
    Or multiple country badge ...
    Or multiple city badge ...
  • BrenBren July 2011
    hmmm 4 more checkins and hopefully I get the Ten hundred badge. also is there a discussion on the 7-10 split badge, mine disappeared somehow and can't figure out my mistake.
  • RainWave23RainWave23 July 2011
    Yes there is a discussion for every badge. You can either search the forum or go to the active badge section and scroll until you find it. Should be there.
  • BrenBren July 2011
    thx @RainWave23 :0)
  • TymoraTymora July 2011
    Anyone been paying attention to their points? I'm randomly losing 20+ points a day at random times for no apparent reason
  • BeerknurdBeerknurd July 2011
    @Tymora I never pay attention to my points anymore. I guess maybe I should. I probably won't ever pay attention unless they start giving badges for points earned in a 7 Day period.
  • JR1JR1 July 2011
    That would be cool if they did that. I used to pay attention to the points and spent 10 weeks in 1st overall in points on all of 4sqr. Then I just got tired of checking in that much and let it go. Now I only to stt that I got points when I checkin to make sure that the checkin counted.
    It's sad... I never really check in if I am not trying to earn a badge.
  • TymoraTymora July 2011
    Yeah its not a huge deal cuz all I do with it is use for bragging rights with my friend. Me and him get a lil competetive on 4sq. Just noticed over the last few days that 20 points or so will just drop off for no reason...that's a healthy amount of checkins in a town where we're mayor of everything and been everywhere several times and never get more than 3 to 5 points per checkin
  • NessunoNessuno July 2011
    Points are now for a 7 day period (may be more days) but on the 8th day, your 1st day drops off, if that helps!
  • TymoraTymora July 2011
    @Nessuno. Yes it is a rolling 7 days but that changes everyone's points and happens once a day. This happens just to me at different times of the day
  • JMY July 2011
    The point are for the past 7 days. So if you have 200 points today, tomorrow you'll lose the thirty points you earned from a week ago today. That's why you see a drop. They used to just clear it out every Sunday, but it seems to have changed.
  • TymoraTymora July 2011
    @JMY if you read my statement above, you'll see that I am aware of the 7 day points roll. You will also see that my points change more than once a day and that my friends' points don't change while mine do
  • TymoraTymora July 2011
    Example: just now checked my points. It is 11:30 am. I was in 12th with 126 points. 11th place had 177 points, 13th had 115. I checked in at home (congrats, I'm the mayor! +3) checked the points. 11th still has 177, 13th still has 115. I have 118. That's 11 points...gone. Where? And why?
    @Tymora Sounds like a glitch in the Matrix to me. Maybe email 4sqr?
  • TymoraTymora July 2011
    Not terribly important to me just wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing it.
    Points are just not that important to me anymore, actually, they never were! They should just do away with then.
  • choad17choad17 July 2011
    I don't think points matter to anyone using it. I started using it to get free coffee at Dunkin Donuts every 5th checkin. Now it's that and the badges.
    I wonder if anyone's figured out how to jump w/o having to wait on the travel time, since we no longer have the "shout" option?? ANYONE?
    I haven't tried it yet, but when you use pocketcrowd.com and schedule a checkin, it shouts for you that you will be @ that venue in so many hours. Does that shout work? Has anyone else experimented with that??
  • TymoraTymora July 2011
    Using pocketcrowd to jump will get your account flagged. I still have a shout option on my app and that allows me to jump back home after I've traveled elsewhere but other than that...
    @Tymora Good to know. I have never used pocketcrowd to jump, so I will take your advise and just not use it at all. It's probably not worth the risk.
  • JMY July 2011
    @Tymora Your comment didn't show when I posted my response...sorry.
Star Wars Snowflakes

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Foursquare Badge List