Fitbit 1k Lifetime Miles Badge
  • JR1JR1 August 2011

How to Unlock:
    1. Create an account at Fitbit.
    2. Link your Fitbit account to foursquare.
    3. Travel 1,000 miles with your Fitbit

Unlock instructions verified on: 08/01/2011

Fitbit website

You must have a fitbit to be able to link your fitbit acct to 4sqr and be abe to earn the badge

How to link your fitbit & 4sqr accts:
    1.You MUST have a Fitbit device linked to your acct
    2.Log into your profile at fitbit.com
    3.Go to “edit profile”
    4.Click on “Sharing”
    5.Click “connect to foursquare”
    6.You will be redirected to foursquare’s website, click “allow”
    7.After you click “Allow” your foursquare acct will be connected to your Fitbit acct
  • JR1JR1 August 2011
    Unlock message:

Whoa! You've travelled 1,000 miles with your Fitbit. That's like walking from Miami to NYC.
  • HarjifangkiHarjifangki August 2011
    Hm... I can't find my Fitbit.
    Oh wait, I don't have one!
  • BeerknurdBeerknurd August 2011
    Hmmm. Not sure I want to pay $99 for a badge... lol
    Very interesting product though... Who wants to buy me one?
  • 4bah_9ahuL4bah_9ahuL August 2011
    i think isn't just 1 badge ~> http://blog.fitbit.com/?p=486 it's look like runkeeper badge
  • iamciamc August 2011
    I have a bodybugg, not fitbit. Looks like this is a badge I won't be getting ;)
  • ZalabardZalabard August 2011
    Where do you link to 4sQ? And can you pretend to do miles via web?
  • RainWave23RainWave23 August 2011
    I'm trying to figure that out now
  • JR1JR1 August 2011
    I was looking for how to link them together and I have no clue how to do it. Also no u cant cheat the fibit. For this badge you will have to get the fibit or find a friend that has one.
  • johnbarron August 2011
    ok who has fibit
    Does anyone actually have one of these? I think I would actually use this gadget...
  • vecvec August 2011
    I use Nike+ and it's free. No sense paying for the same service.
    I just read this on the forum. You can't link your account to foursquare without an actual fitbit. Logging on the website won't count towards badges and you can't link to your foursquare without the actual device. Sucks
  • ironpatriotironpatriot August 2011
    what is fibit where do i get fit bit how do i get the badges?????
    Once again, the unlock instructions are very clear. If you weren't sure what it was at first, do what I did. Go to the website and figure it out. These are not difficult things. You do have to do your own work sometimes.
  • TymoraTymora August 2011
    @ironpatriot a fitbit is basically a digital step counter. As for buying one...google it. There's lots of options that come up if you do. Personally...these badges are going to sit with runkeeper in my "not on your life" catagory
  • JR1JR1 August 2011
    I agree.. I will not pay for badges. I was lucky enough to get the runkeeper badges before they changed the rules. That and I have better things to spend $100 on right now.
    Couldn't agree more
  • PiggyBuffPiggyBuff August 2011
    me neither. if i have to pay for badge, i'll forget it and keep earning others ^^
  • meu_dongurimeu_donguri August 2011
    it's natural that everyone seem to be interested in getting badges free
  • BrenBren August 2011
    yep I'm on the same page
  • mgrob August 2011
    ordered one for fun..
  • choad17choad17 August 2011
    Runkeeper costs money now? You mean healthmonth?

Also, @mgrob you going to hook us all up with the badges when you get it?
  • JR1JR1 August 2011
    @choad17 Runkeeper is still free. They used to allow you to enter info on their website manually and it would count towards the badge. Then they changed it so you had to have a smartphone app to get the badge. And much like everyone else left out everyone that has a blackberry.
  • DJROCCODJROCCO August 2011
    I got something like that out of a Happy Meal and never used it! I mean why would you need to count your steps anyway? I think if we have to keep forking out $ for badges, it's going to take the fun out of the game! Kinda figured it would come to this, just like everything else.
  • JR1JR1 August 2011
    @DJROCCO With the 340 +/- foursquare badges that have been released and only 6 costing you money (3 healthmonth, Amex, 2 Fitbit) I wouldnt jump to the conclusion that this is what it is coming to. That is only 1.8% +/- of all released badges costing money. They are all partner badges that have cost money. Although the Fitbit badges dont technically cost money as they are a reward for people that have a Fitbit and use it. You cant blame a 3rd party company like them for making the badges so only the people that use their product can get them. With the cost for a badge being a min of $75,000 you cant blame a company for making the unlock rules what they want them to be. With all that said I would also prefer free badges, but hey it's life and it's their money that gets the badge made.
  • choad17choad17 August 2011
    Is AMEX still an active badge? Please point me in the direction of unlock topic if it is please.
  • JR1JR1 August 2011
    The Swiped @ SXSW badge was only active for SxSW 11.
  • DJROCCODJROCCO August 2011
    Sounds good to me!
Star Wars Snowflakes

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Foursquare Badge List