ESPN Foam Finger Badge
  • RainWave23RainWave23 August 2011
    ESPN Foam Finger Badge

How to Unlock:
    1. Follow ESPN
    2. Check-in to 3 sports venues
    3. Checkins must be on 3 separate days
    4. Checkins do not have to be when ESPN currently has an event going on However there must be a sporting event going on at the time
    5. Must checkin to the event

To Level up:
    1. Checkin at 3 more events at sports venues
    2. Only 1 checkin a day counts

Badge unlocks worldwide

Unlock instructions verified on: 11/30/2012

Venue Lists:
    All of ESPN’s Tips
    MLB Stadiums
    NFL Stadiums
    NHL Arenas

More Venue Lists in jr1's comment:
    http://www.mattersofgrey.com/forum/discussion/comment/5681#Comment_5681
    http://aboutfoursquare.com/foursquare-rolls-out-event-support/

Per aboutfoursquare on twitter, they are expecting this to become active within the next few hours
  • QP_PresentQP_Present August 2011
    @RainWave23 Expecting this badge becoming active in a few hours??
    Yes
    I just found out that the mobile site will NOT allow someone to check-in to an event at least for now. So if there's a sporting event (like there is tonight with football games and baseball games), we'd need someone who's actually there to check-in with an app.
    Im not using mobile site but other app. which is appear that I was actually there, is it still possible?
  • justindudejustindude August 2011
    hrmm.... there has to be some way to get it without app...."In fact, one of the partners is already offering a badge through the new events platform. When you follow ESPN (on their new profile page) and check in at sporting events or the places ESPN has left tips, you’ll become eligible to earn the ESPN Foam Finger badge."
    @justindude I red about it, hopefully we can unlock this badge, P.S. I asked you yesterday did you unlock fitbit badges yet?
    @justindude is right. I just got a response back from aboutfoursquare on twitter and they said any venue where ESPN has left a tip should also be eligible to unlock the badge. Stay tuned...
  • BeerknurdBeerknurd August 2011
    Woo Hoo!!!
  • justindudejustindude August 2011
    im workin on the fitbit badges now, check that thread
  • r3ckl3ss83r3ckl3ss83 August 2011
    Still nothin :( ?
  • ejaymuejaymu August 2011
    I followed ESPN and I checked in to the event in US Cellular Field where a ball game (I believe) is in progress. I got points for the checkin but no badge.
  • HarjifangkiHarjifangki August 2011
    Not yet active i guess.
  • I checked into the steelers game and nothing. Tried yankee stadium and citi field and again nothing
  • BrenBren August 2011
    if there's one badge I really want it's this one. I checked in too at Miller field for a ball game but nothing... I'll keep trying this one
  • choad17choad17 August 2011
    Has anyone tried by using the new "events" feature? Guess they lied about when it would go active
    To be fair, it's not ESPN that claimed it would be active. It was aboutfoursquare. They are another site that has badge info and foursquare info like this but not as good, obviously. They have good info on new features and such. They also didn't guarantee or say it would definitely become active, they said it was their guess. So no one really lied they were just mistaken with their guess. It'll become active at some point and when it does you'll be notified.

By the way, the new "events" feature is only available via the iphone app right now. Look at a movie theater and you'll see you can check in to every movie playing.

Blackberry and Andriod should have that soon according to the report. The mobile site may not ever have it.
  • BrenBren August 2011
    @RainWave23 thx for clearing that up, I guess we'll have to keep an eye on this one it's an awesome looking badge hope it goes active
  • PaulinhoDJPaulinhoDJ August 2011
    I just unlock with foursq mobile site... https://foursquare.com/paulinhodj/badge/4e4e981f922e36d08cab4442
  • JR1JR1 August 2011
    @PaulinhoDJ what venue did you checkin to.. and did you have to shout anything or just checkin using 4sqr mobile?
  • JR1JR1 August 2011
    Badge now active

Unlock message:

"Your voice is raspy. Your legs are sore. Your team couldn’t do it without you. High five, you’re a true sports fan."
  • LuluLulu August 2011
    venue please ... thank you
  • PaulinhoDJPaulinhoDJ August 2011
    Check-in with foursq mobile site, in my computer... No shout!!! This venue is a stadium in front of my house. This is my 93rd checkin in this venue.
  • BeerknurdBeerknurd August 2011
    Just checked in to that venue and I did not get a badge
  • LuluLulu August 2011
    yup same here, anybody else who able to unlock the badge? share the venue please. thank u!
  • Lorren13Lorren13 August 2011
    Paul, by any chance is a game going on at that venue right now or within the next few hours? If so, then they prob have this badge set to pop only when an event is listed. If thats correct, then https://foursquare.com/venue/44191 should pop later on today.
  • davedave August 2011
    I dunno, twitter is awfully quiet on this one. Something odd is going on.
    They may be in the process of activating it. This happened with the "It's A Boy" and "It's A Girl" badges. Some random people here and there would unlock it, most couldn't, then a couple hours later, it was available as normal. So I'm trying to be patient (not working real well) and give them some time.
    It didn't work for me either. I even tried local stadiums, major league stadiums, suggested venues, NFL stadiums, nothing. I tried changing a venue I've checked in to a lot to a stadium, no unlock. I also haven't shown any on twitter either. Not sure what's going on with this but it'll probably pop soon.
Star Wars Snowflakes

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Foursquare Badge List