O2 Innovator Badge (2011)
  • ChaunceChaunce October 2011
    O2 Innovator Badge

How to unlock:
    1. Follow O2
    2. Checkin at the Wired 2011 Conference (London, UK Oct. 13th-14th)
    OR
    3. Check in once at any recomended location across the UK (will be added at somepoint after the Wired 2011 conference)

Locations specific to the UK

Unlock instructions verified on: 10/13/2011

Venue:
    4sqr:Wired 2011 Conference
    4sqr mobile: Wired 2011 Conference
    Unlock Message:

Hello fellow innovator. You’ve just checked into WIRED 2011 Together with O2. A place recognised for innovation and big ideas. And to celebrate, you’ve just unlocked the Innovator Badge.
  • neiceek October 2011
    Cool can't wait for unlock.
  • 9w2pat9w2pat October 2011
    When is it launching?
  • JR1JR1 October 2011
  • JR1JR1 October 2011
    Did some digging and fould some info on how to unlock this badge when it becomes active as well as teh date it should become active. Updated the unlock instructions.
  • JR1JR1 October 2011
    From Wired UK:

"If you work in a place where magic happens, O2, Wired UK, and FourSquare have teamed up to create a UK Innovation badge. We will be crowd sourcing innovation locations across the UK. If you check into one of these you will unlock the UK Innovation badge.
    The badge launches at next weeks Wired 2011 Conference, with the nationwide launch happening shortly afterwards."
    Thanks for doing some research to find the info. I have been swamped with Sunday errands today and I hadn't gotten to it yet
  • JR1JR1 October 2011
    Thanks @SyarifSArman that very well could be the correct venue. Have to test it out on thurs.
  • henryakuzahenryakuza October 2011
    follow : https://foursquare.com/o2

venue :
    WIRED 2011 Together with O2
    https://foursquare.com/mobile/v/wired-2011-together-with-o2/4e945120f9f44dd0236d1bda

notes :
    - other venues (if needed) will be added later
    - this event will start on 13 october 2011 at 8.30 am London time (13 oct at 14.30 wib / 13 oct at 03.30 am ET)
    and end on 14 october 2011 at 6.30 pm London time (15 oct at 00.30 wib / 14 oct at 01.30 pm ET)

source : http://www.wiredevent.co.uk/wired/agenda
    Thanks again for the info @henrylabz
  • neiceek October 2011
    So isn't it the 13 there now?
    Read @henrylabz comment just above fo the times
  • JR1JR1 October 2011
    Badge now active
  • jay339jay339 October 2011
    Hooray! O2 Innovator Badge is active!!!
  • Unlock thanks @Chaunce n JR1 ;-))
  • LikesTravelLikesTravel October 2011
    Sorry, you're already following 1000 people.
    Don´t allow more follower?
  • JR1JR1 October 2011
    @LikesTravel That is correct you can only follow 1000 brands. You will have to delete one to follow a new one.
  • LikesTravelLikesTravel October 2011
    Thank you for your answer and help .
  • myrnagarrido October 2011
    Just unlocked the badge, thanks!
  • dannyboyisme October 2011
    Jump...jump...again...yeaahaaa!!!!
  • Jason_LemireJason_Lemire October 2011
    OK, so I missed this one with the time constraint and all. Any idea on the other venues where I can get this badge??? Oh, btw, keep up the incredible work....just loving this ! (from Montréal, Canada)
  • JR1JR1 October 2011
    @Jason_Lemire Just keep an eye on this discussion. I check on a regular basis to see if they have uploaded any venues yet that will unlock the badge. As soon as they do I will get them posted. But as for a time frame when they are going to do that all they have said is "shortly after the Wired 2011 Conference". We will just have to wait and see what their defination of shortly is.
  • mr_dracomr_draco October 2011
    this badge is retired, isn't it?
  • JR1JR1 October 2011
    @mr_draco The badge is still active. Although until they release the "other recomended location across the UK" it is not possible to unlock the badge. If they do not release some of them soon the badge will be moved to retired until they do. I sent them a message to see if they will share the date when it will happen. Just have to wait and see.
  • JR1JR1 November 2011
    Moving the badge to retired since they are showing no signs of getting more venues added that will unlock this badge even though they claim that it is still active.
  • JoelTronJoelTron November 2011
    I really want this badge. What is the likelihood they will add venues? I missed this badge by an HOUR when it was being unlocked. I tweeted @O2 once already asking them about it - no reply. I tweeted them again today and will continue to do so until they answer me. Is anyone else investigating this?
    By the way, a huge, Huge, HUGE 'thank you' to all who update this forum so frequently - I wouldn't know what to do without it. It gives me my foursquare fix.
  • JR1JR1 November 2011
    They have said they will be adding more venues. I got a response from them once on twitter directing me to their 4sqr page. Useless. So until they add the rest of the venues they said they were going to this badge will remain "retired".
    I understand that. I too went to their 4sqr page which you accurately described.
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions
Star Wars Snowflakes

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Foursquare Badge List