MSG Concerts Badge
  • JR1JR1 October 2011
    MSG Concerts Badge

How to Unlock:
    1. Checkin to Madison Square Garden
    2. There must be a concert event going on
    3. You have to checkin to the event and not just the venue
    4. Badge available from 10-23-11 till 12-31-11
    ***THIS BADGE STILL UNLOCKING AT CONCERTS EVEN AFTER MSG SAID IT WOULD BE RETIRED***
    5. You do not have to follow any brand to get this badge

Unlock instructions verified on: 12/31/2011

Venues:
    On 4sqr Madison Square Garden
    On 4sqr mobile Madison Square Garden

Click here for a link to the list of concert events coming up at MSG
  • JR1JR1 October 2011
    Space for future badge updates:

On the 4sqr mobile site there is a spot where you can choose to checkin to an event. There is a drop down menu titled "Event" just select the current concert event in that box then checkin.
  • JR1JR1 October 2011
    Unlock message:

"Ticket stubs. Flashing lights. Booming bass. Here's to good music in THE WORLD'S MOST FAMOUS ARENA. Now pocket your phone and sing along as loud as you can. It's not a good show unless your voice is hoarse in the morning."
  • JR1JR1 October 2011
    Badge now active (10-23-11 17:16)

Upcoming Concerts at Madison Square Garden:
    OCT 23 – 7:00 PM – SMTOWN LIVE WORLD TOUR in NEW YORK
    OCT 25 – 7:30 PM – Duran Duran
    NOV 4 – 8:00 PM – Enrique Iglesias
    NOV 7-8 – 7:30 PM – Jay-Z & Kanye West
    NOV 10 – 7:30 PM – An Evening With Furthur
    NOV 13 – 8:00 PM – Foo Fighters
    Nov 14 - 7:30PM - Josh Groban
    NOV 16 – 8:00 PM – Katy Perry
    NOV 21-22 – 7:00 PM – Taylor Swift
    DEC 1 – 7:30 PM – Bob Seger
    DEC 9 - 7:30 PM Z100 Jingle Ball 2011
    DEC 14 – 7:30 PM – My Morning Jacket
    DEC 16 – 8:00 PM – Swedish House Mafia
    DEC 28-31 - - Phish
  • iamciamc October 2011
    thank you!!
  • 4bah_9ahuL4bah_9ahuL October 2011
    thanks. I got it!
  • JR1JR1 October 2011
    Looks like this badge will be available from today 10-23-11 till 12-31-11 when Phish plays on New Years Eve

From the Director, Concerts Marketing & Social Media at Madison Square Garden Entertainment on twitter "Get it btwn then & @phish on NYE when checking in"
  • Not unlock
  • Do i have to follow the band or place?
  • JR1JR1 October 2011
    @Ryan26razornail50 No follow required. Just make sure when you checkin to follow all the instructions. You must checkin to the event and not just the venue. If you do not checkin to the event you will not get the badge. I just tested it again on a test acct that is not following anyone and got the badge. On the 4sqr mobile site there is a spot where you can choose to checkin to an event. There is a drop down menu titled "Event" just select the current concert event in that box then checkin.
  • vecvec October 2011
    Just got it. Thanks!
  • @JR1 thanks, delete history c/i again but still no unlock,it's ok will try again
  • RainWave23RainWave23 October 2011
    @Ryan26razornail50 make sure you're checking into the event. When you're checking in via the mobile site, there's a spot where you can also choose to share on Facebook or twitter or shout, where you can also choose to check-in to an event. It's a drop down menu titled "Event" with the default selection "None."
  • sergieboosergieboo October 2011
    thanks for the info RainWave23! :)
  • pinto November 2011
    i did it just now but i didn't hot the badge :-(
  • @RsinWave thanks for your info, i got it thanks again
  • alfidavincialfidavinci October 2011
    Thank's, i just got it!
  • BrenBren October 2011
    sweet badge.. missed it yesterday I guess I'll have to ge see Duran Duran.
  • G0LD3NG0LD3N October 2011
    Can we get Epic Swarm @ Dura Duran Concert Tonight.....????
  • EkkyEkky October 2011
    How do I check into the event when I'm using my computer? Thanks
  • RainWave23RainWave23 October 2011
    If you read through the posts in this discussions, you'd clearly see that I posted EXACTLY how to do that above. Please go back and read that post, and if you are still having issues let me know.

Also, the very first post in this discussions tells you how to do it from the mobile site.
  • ironpatriotironpatriot October 2011
    I GOT THE BADGE THUR moble site selected duran duran done lol
  • EkkyEkky October 2011
    Got it.....thanks!
  • jay339jay339 October 2011
    Thanks for the 411 on this badge!
  • spartacursespartacurse October 2011
    why on my foursquare mobile does not have drop down menu titled "Event". it only have share on Facebook
  • JR1JR1 October 2011
    @spartacurse there will not be a drop down menu titled "Event" unless there is a current event going on that day at that venue.
  • jimmyongahjimmyongah October 2011
    @spartacurse You must be on the day that the event carried on then surely the drop down menu show up
  • spartacursespartacurse October 2011
    ohhh...thanks guyss....:)
  • pinto October 2011
    I hae just checked in right now with the WEB version & there is a game going on right now:
    "San Jose Sharks vs. New York Rangers"

when i did the check in i clicked on the drop down box & choosed the event but i didn't got the badge... any idea why?

Thanks,
    Pinto.
  • JR1JR1 October 2011
    @pinto If you follow the unlock instructions you will get the badge. Step #2 of the unlock instructions states "There must be a concert event going on". Check the comments above I have a list of all the nights they have a concert event going on.
  • pinto November 2011
    i did it just now but i didn't hot the badge :-(

OK! We've got you @ Madison Square Garden for Enrique Iglesias, Pitbull and Prince Royce

i did checked to event but didn't got it...
Star Wars Snowflakes

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Foursquare Badge List