Monkey Bars Badge
  • JR1JR1 November 2011
    Monkey Bars

How to unlock:
    1. Checkin 5 times to the same "Playground" venue or to 3 unique "Playground" venues.
    2. To level up checkin to 5 more unique "Playground" venues (levels 2-10)
    3. If checking into the same venue only 1 checkin a day will count for this badge (only for level 1 of the badge)
    4. Previous checkins count

Badge unlocks worldwide

Unlock instructions verified on: 11/09/2011

Venue List:
    Babysitter

This badge is the replacement for the "Babysitter Badge". If you alreday have that badge you will not be able to get this one and you will see that the "babysitter Badg"e has been renamed in your trophy case.
  • JR1JR1 November 2011
    Space for future badge updates
  • JR1JR1 November 2011
    Unlock message:

"Forget those "Bender" and "Crunked" badges - you've conquered the playground circuit!

Fun! "
  • JR1JR1 November 2011
    Badge now active 11/09/2011 19:49
  • JR1JR1 November 2011
    They went back and renamed the badge. Retired the other one and started this one for the new name. Did not realize they just renamed the badge until I looked in my trophy case and noticed the badge was renamed.
  • 4bah_9ahuL4bah_9ahuL November 2011
    it's not new badge, just renamed. my babysitter badge also changed.
  • HarjifangkiHarjifangki November 2011
    Ah, disappointing.
  • jmancil1972 November 2011
    LOL! Yeah I always thought babysitter sounded l little creepy! :P
  • JR1JR1 November 2011
    Unlock instructions updated to reflect the new "level up" ability
  • more_catsmore_cats November 2011
    Unlock this badge today. But I did сhekin only 5 times in the same place.
  • more_catsmore_cats November 2011
    I think the new rules, all the badges in section Expertise are the same. 5 times in the same place, or 3 at different places.
  • jamokjamok February 2012
    Anyone having problems leveling up their Monkey Bars or Swimmies badges ? I've checked into 5 playgrounds or 5 pools/beaches but cannot level up this 2 badges.
  • jimmyongahjimmyongah February 2012
    @jamok make sure you got point when you c/i at expertise venue to level up your badge, sometime it took 6 c/i to level up
    @jimmyongah every single c/i's get a point; no errors and i've done 15 playgrounds with no leveling up. I've unlocked Monkey Bars badge at level 5 but can't seem to progress beyond that.
    @jamok i'll try with my test acc and let you know later.... :)
    @jimmyongah Thanks a bunch for helping out, much appreciated :D
    @jamok i just unlocked the Level 6 "Monkey Bars" badge on @foursquare! http://t.co/V3MKh7GA ; also make sure never repeat c/i to venue twice in order to get the expertise badge level up. it means the venue should be the new one or the one that you never c/i before, must get point for each c/i and you should c/i to 43 - 45 different venue in a same category to get level 10
    @jimmyongah Thanks for the confirmation; guess i just have to keep on trying. It's frustrating cos i managed to move most of the other expertise badges to level 10 except this one and Swimmies ...
    I finally found out why i couldn't level up despite c/i to 15 playgrounds with points :D

I checked through my c/i history and there were 21 playground c/i. 11 were without points but when i c/i to the 21st playground, 4sq gave me a level 5 badge. So i deleted the last c/i which gave me the badge, i c/i to another playground and now i have a level 2 monkey bar.

So maybe this was a glitch in the system and hope this can help others who are facing the same problem.
Star Wars Snowflakes

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Foursquare Badge List