Flame Broiled Badge
  • ChaunceChaunce January 2012

How to unlock
    1. Checkin 5 times to the same "Burger Joint" venue or to 3 unique "Burger Joint" venues.
    2. To level up checkin to 5 more unique "Burger Joint" venues (levels 2-10)
    3. If checking into the same venue only 1 checkin a day will count for this badge (only for level 1 of the badge)
    4. Previous checkins count

Badge unlocks worldwide

Unlock instructions verified on: 01/19/2012
    Unlock Message
    There’s nothing like satisfying your craving with a bacon-infused, grass-fed Kobe beef burger nestled on a brioche bun. Or, you know, a good ol’ Quarter Pounder with Cheese. Sorry, make that a Royale with Cheese. (Oh you fancy, huh?)
  • ZalabardZalabard January 2012
    It levels up but does not appear in the "expertize" badge list...
    Foursquare is probably working through that
  • It shows up in the foursquare badges. Just another little glitch they have.
  • jimmyongahjimmyongah January 2012
    accidental unlock...haha :-D
  • lilis_emmylilis_emmy January 2012
    i got it in Jakarta
  • BangGowesBangGowes January 2012
    Level 10 - 40 different burger spots? Do people call you Grill Master? You’ve just achieved Level 10 Flame Broiled status! From the un-fussed to the fancy, you’ve tried them all. Meat lovers the world-round applaud you. Congrats on visiting 45 different burger joints!
  • Funny, I had at least 5 "Burger Joint" check-ins in the past, but needed 3 today to get the badge...
  • darinkoffdarinkoff January 2012
    I unlocked it at L3 - There’s nothing like satisfying your craving with a bacon-infused, grass-fed Kobe beef burger nestled on a brioche bun. Or, you know, a good ol’ Quarter Pounder with Cheese. Sorry, make that a Royale with Cheese. (Oh you fancy, huh?)
  • NewJackCityNewJackCity January 2012
    I unlocked the first level with one check in, (obviously previous checkin's counted). But then after checking in at only 2 more burger venues on the same day, (not 3 more), it unlocked a second time for the 2nd level...?

Shouldn't this take 3 checkin's per level and only unlock once per day?
  • JR1JR1 January 2012
    @NewJackCity It should take 3 checkins to unlock then 5 checkins per level. You can level up as much as you want a day as long as you sre still getting points for your checkins. As for leveling up in 2 checkins it was prob still counting previous checkins. You prob had 5 previous checkins and unlocked it with your 6th checkin then checked into 2 more venues making it 8 checkins and giving you level 2. Thats just a theory. It could also be another glitch in the 4sqr system.
  • TymoraTymora January 2012
    What I find strange is that I didn't use 4sq for like 5 mos and when I signed in I had badges that I would have earned from previous checkins (like Greasy Spoon) without doing a single checkin to "officially" pop the badge but I don't have this one...wonder what triggers that?
  • JR1JR1 January 2012
    @Tymora here is a link to a brief explination of what 4sqr did there. http://www.mattersofgrey.com/forum/discussion/comment/10000#Comment_10000
    As for this badge not auto unlocking the only reason I think this badge did not pop is because until today it was not listed correctly on their site as an expertise badge. That or 4sqr got tired of the hate mail for it and disabled that feature.
  • @JR1 I think it might also be that foursquare had not run the code to update everyones badge yet. They tend to be failing to catch the little details lately.
  • JR1JR1 January 2012
    @Gary that could also be it... With 4sqr lately you just never know.
    They just busy move out on Friday...may be beginning Monday it'll back to normal...:)
    Now it shows up in the expertise badges...:)
Star Wars Snowflakes

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Foursquare Badge List