How to unlock:
    1. Checkin at any SxSW venue
    2. Must be your 3rd year checking into any venue at SxSW

SxSW badge
    Badge specific to Austin TX

Unlock instructions verified 03/09/2012
  • JR1JR1 March 2012
    Unlock message:
    Three-peat! That’s three years of blood, sweat, and tears. Just replace blood with bbq, sweat with Red Bull, and tears with trying to find an outlet to charge your phone. P.S. Swing by the 4sq court on 5th St. and Trinity for awesome freebies!
  • vanzvanz March 2012
    Omg.. This my 1st year... How?
  • RainWave23RainWave23 March 2012
    You can't get it this year just like I can't. It's only valid for those who this is their third year checking into SXSW.
  • NessunoNessuno March 2012
    2nd year vets get a Sophomore badge which is a map of Texas with 2 stars on each side, 1st year attendees get the map of Texas w/a cherry in it.
  • BeerknurdBeerknurd March 2012
    Thanks @MartininBrussels

Image and Unlock Message updated.
  • 4bah_9ahuL4bah_9ahuL March 2012
    sigh.. it's my 2nd year.. :(
  • anyone know where to ci for this badge im confuse now coz so many badge at the same time please....;)
  • RainWave23RainWave23 March 2012
    The answer is in the unlock instructions.
  • @RainWave23... Thanks for tip but i am in the same boat like 4bah_9ahul..its my 2nd year too
  • BrandonBrandon March 2012
    Badge is now retired.
  • Is this badge going to become active again??
  • JR1JR1 March 2013
    So far 4sqr has allwaysmade all new Badges every year for SXSW. As of yet they have never reactivated a previous years SXSW Badge.
  • I was able to unlock the SXSW Virgin badge the 1st year I checked in and the SXSW Sophomore badge the 2nd year I checked in. Soooo..... I figured this one would be reactivated.
  • JR1JR1 March 2013
    Yea until this year 4sqr was doing yearly badges to show how many SXSW's you had been to. They were diffrent badges every year not reactivated badges (very odd that they didnt just pick one setup and leave it but hey it's 4sqr). This year however they did not do anything other then just a badge for checking in.
  • bigchris6767bigchris6767 March 2013
    this is my 2nd year and i didn't get a sophomore badge
  • I guess they're not reactivating them :(
  • DanDan March 2013
    Unfortunately, I will be stuck at "VIRGIN" Status for the rest of my foursquare days.:(
  • BeerknurdBeerknurd March 2013
    Me too @Dan... Me too...
  • lol220lol220 March 2013
    Argh~! It's my 3rd year and they're not reactivating them :[
  • MarhainMarhain March 2013
    i want my sophomore badge :(
    maybe on 9 mac at foursquare court
Star Wars Snowflakes

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Foursquare Badge List