Trainspotter Badge
  • ChaunceChaunce March 2012
    Trainspotter
    How to Unlock
    1. Checkin 5 times to the same "Train Station" or "Light Rail" venue or to 3 unique "Train Station" or "Light Rail" venues.
    2. To level up checkin to 5 more unique "Train Station" or "Light Rail" venues (levels 2-10)
    3. If checking into the same venue only 1 checkin a day will count for this badge (only for level 1 of the badge)
    4. Previous checkins count

Unlock instructions verified on: 03/22/2012
    Unlock Message

From the MTA to the Tube, the Shinkansen to the Trans-Siberian, you’ve ridden them all (or will someday)! Here’s to the beauty of public transit, and to always giving up your seat for the pregnant, elderly, and backpackers who haven’t showered in a week.
  • BeerknurdBeerknurd March 2012
    Badge is now active.
    What is the name?
    Thanks, just found it on Twitter too. I am wondering if the BART one is retired now then.
  • BeerknurdBeerknurd March 2012
    This badge isn't under expertise on the foursquare website nor does it mention anything about leveling up in the unlock message.
    Aboutfoursquare has always had inside connections with Foursquare and they mentioned that it would be an expertise. I bet Foursquare is experiencing technical difficulties.
  • RainWave23RainWave23 March 2012
    Are we sure this is a level badge? No mention of leveling up in unlock instructions and I've checked into over 20 train stations and I don't have a level on my unlock
    Not 100% sure, but you can tell me what you think
    http://aboutfoursquare.com/commuters-get-a-new-expertise-badge-trainspotter/
  • neiceek March 2012
    i don't see any level up either.
  • HarjifangkiHarjifangki March 2012
    Got it with one check-in!
  • ezzany March 2012
    Harjifangki where do u check in?
  • ezzany March 2012
    can gimme some of the venues please.
  • ZalabardZalabard March 2012
    It IS now under expertise badge, but it does NOT level: c/i at 10 train stations and no level :-(
    Like I figured, Foursquare is having technical difficulties.
  • ezzany March 2012
    10 train stations?
    Be patient folks, it looks like Foursquare is probably having technical difficulties at the moment with the leveling of this badge
    Now you have the expertise tip in the unlock message

Nice! You’ll unlock Level 2 once you’ve been to 5 DIFFERENT spots.

But still does not level up! We need to wait for a while I think
    Ok NOW it is leveling: ONE c/i and got level 10!!! WOW...

https://it.foursquare.com/sarzaf/badge/4f6ba1390cd6edf3d5df1b9d
  • choad17choad17 March 2012
    It's leveling now
  • wilhelmus14wilhelmus14 March 2012
    I also needed only ONE c/i to get level 10 instantly....

Trainspotter - Level 10
    From the MTA to the Tube, the Shinkansen to the Trans-Siberian, you’ve ridden them all (or will someday)! Here’s to the beauty of public transit, and to always giving up your seat for the pregnant, elderly, and backpackers who haven’t showered in a week.
  • pudgym29pudgym29 March 2012
    Yes. This was made a general Foursquare badge. I have seemingly checked-in from 45 train | subway stations [world-wide], as I roared up to Level 10 with my initial train station check-in tonight.
  • jay339jay339 March 2012
    Sweet! Had level 7 for my first check in!
  • pjaizurapjaizura March 2012
    Unlocked this badge with One c/i here and get Level 5 instantly https://foursquare.com/mobile/v/metro-north--new-rochelle-train-station/4b0ae7cdf964a520ce2923e3
  • theappstartheappstar March 2012
    The badge unlocks worldwide. In one check-in I got a level 9 badge, which means old check-in counts. https://foursquare.com/theappstar/badge/4f6c0d5ac2ee2936bab648b3. And BART badge is now retired.
  • Langy March 2012
    The Trainspotter badge also unlocks at "light rail" venues. My light rail checkin immediately got me to level 7. Train stations alone would only have got me to level one or maybe two at the most. I also doubt that my light rail checkins would have been sufficient to get me to level 7. I therefore suspect "bus station" venues might also work. My combined train, light rail and bus station venues would be about the right number of venues to get me to level 7.
  • sidelinessidelines March 2012
    I unlocked with 'light rail' as well...
  • beforesunrisebeforesunrise January 2013
    Do subways count?
  • Klor November 2013
    Should be tagged as "Expertise Badge"
  • JR1JR1 November 2013
    it is, check the category it is in on here, or look at the top left of the page next to the badge title
Star Wars Snowflakes

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Foursquare Badge List