Foursquare Mobile Web Site
  • GordonWernerGordonWerner March 2011
    The Foursquare Mobile Website will allow you to check in anywhere in the world.

The basics of 4sqr mobile:
    -You will get badges and points for these checkins
    -You will never become a mayor using the mobile site
    -Checkins will not count for maintaining a mayorship.

The basic rules of using 4sqr mobile to checkin:
    1- Allow for Flight Time between destinations
    2- You can checkin 3 times in a row (same area) then you have to wait 15 min and you can checkin again (same area)
    3- You can only checkin about 30 times a day (24hr period)
    4- You can only checkin 8 times an hr (enforced sometimes)
    5- If you do not get points for the checkin it will not count towards a badge
  • TriZzzTriZzz March 2011
    It should be noted that checkins from the mobile website will also NOT count towards maintaining a mayorship either.
  • balrogbalrog March 2011
    Mobile web c/i will let you get swarm badges but it does not add to the swarm count.
  • lol220lol220 March 2011
    FYI.. I use (http://m.foursquare.com) instead of typing "mobile".. but just same because you'll be redirected to (http://foursquare.com/mobile/).. lolz..
  • Hello people!! How many check ins Can I do consecutive winning points or counting for badge? I Means, I always do three times, after that, the 4th check in coming without points.
    And How many time I have to wait in to get points again since I did last check ? Thxss
  • TriZzzTriZzz April 2011
    It's 3 check ins in 15 minutes.
    There's an hourly check in limit, but I don't know what it is.
    And 30 check ins within a 24 hour limit.

If you're not getting points, it's because you've hit one of those limits.
  • ChaunceChaunce April 2011
    Good to know. I knew there were limits between checkins, but not hourly and daily
  • wickednoize April 2011
    Trizz, I think you have answered what I was looking for.

It has happened so many times to me, that I checked into a place more than 15 times on various days, still dont become a mayor

And one more thing, the badges just dont unlock at all....I follow the spots, the pages, checkin the required times but it just doesnt work :X

Could you please just explain the time difference once again!?

Thanks!
  • pudgym29pudgym29 May 2011
    If you use foursquarefox in Firefox to check-in, you can change your address to venues far afield, even without changing it on the Foursquare World-Wide Web site.
    Checking-in via foursquarefox counts toward mayorships, badges, and swarms.
  • BMooney November 2011
    I use Firefox 8.0.1, which is the most update version of Firefox. I've tried downloading foursquarefox and it tells me that foursquarefox is not compatable with Firefox 8.0.1. Any suggestions?
  • B878HQ May 2011
    Based on my experiences, first 3 checkins can do without gap ( one after another) then wait for 10 minutes do another checkin with 7 minutes gap for each checkin. U can do 30 checkins max in 24 hours. NB: for 7 minutes gap, must be in the same city. If different city same states, gap must be 30 minutes or more. Hope this wud help u get more points or badge.
  • i have been checking in on this website for badges on my pc, i just received a notice that my account would be deleted if i keep doing it. how can i change this and keep checking in.
  • JR1JR1 June 2011
    Can you copy that notice and paste it into a comment on here. That is the first time i have ever heard of that happening. Alot of people use 4sqr mobile to checkin.
  • ok will do
  • rocky1960 5:17PM Permalink EditFlagReply
    i have been checking in on this website for badges on my pc, i just received a notice that my account would be deleted if i keep doing it. how can i change this and keep checking in.
  • We noticed that you seem to really love foursquare (good!), but our system has detected that your check-ins don’t follow our guidelines (bad!). Foursquare is meant for checking in to real places where you’re actually spending time, not just checking in to unlock badges. We recently detected that you checked in fraudulently using foursquare for Android. Fake check-ins and tips ruin the experience for others. For a guide to what’s okay and what’s not, take a look at our House Rules.

Since you’ve now been notified, our system will automatically suspend your account if you continue to violate our check-in guidelines. To keep your account active, please follow these important rules:
  • - When using 3rd party applications and official foursquare apps, only check in to real places where you are actually spending time (which means do not check in to places where you have not been, and do not create venues for places that do not exist).
    - Only leave tips, tags, and photos on venues you have actually visited.
    - Be a good foursquare neighbor! Everyone loves real tips and check-ins. Fake tips, tags, and photos hurt the experience for everyone.
    - We currently do not flag accounts or check-ins that use the mobile web, as those check-ins are not included in our venue stats, venue specials, and social game elements. (This means that they do not negatively impact other members of the foursquare community.)

• Pretty simple, right?

We hope you continue to enjoy using foursquare for its real-world benefits – to explore your city and meet up with friends. By sticking to these basic rules, you will help make foursquare even more fun and useful for yourself, as well as for the millions of other people who use it everyday.

Thanks,
    - team foursquare
  • JR1JR1 June 2011
    From the sounds of it they sent that because they believe that you did something they did not approve of when checking in using foursquare for Android. Did you try and use a gps spoof that did not work correctly? They say in the letter pretty much taht if you use foursquare mobile which is diffrent then foursquare for Android that they do not count those checkins against anyone. So i would say in the future when you are jumping for badges to make sure you goto http://mobile.foursquare.com so you dont run into this issue again. Thanks for posting that though. That is the first time I have seen or heard of that happening.
  • oh ok thanks i was using gps cheat maybe that is the problem so your saying that i should only use the website then.
  • JR1JR1 June 2011
    Yea that would be your safest bet since they somehow managed to figure out that you were using a gps cheat. Wouldnt want you to get your acct suspended.
  • thanks but i wanted to ask you can i check in from my pc also on the website.
  • JR1JR1 June 2011
    You can checkin on your pc if you goto the mobile website same as on your phone. The mobile website will work on either.
  • ok thanks so much but wouldn't they figure it out on my pc...lol
  • ChaunceChaunce June 2011
    They have no way of really knowing that so much as they seem to be able to tell that the app that you are using to spoof must be leaving a thumbprint of some sort that they are looking for.

Mobile is still the safest way to jump.
  • ok thanks that helps alot but can i still use the foursquare app on my phone without going to the mobile website also.
  • the foursquare android app is what i mean, i use that to check in also more than the mobile site.
  • JR1JR1 June 2011
    u can use the 4sqr app for legit checkins (be sure to delete the gps cheat) and if you want to jump from your phone use the mobile site.
  • JR1JR1 June 2011
    They will know that you used the 4sqr mobile site but as they said in the notice they sent you

"We currently do not flag accounts or check-ins that use the mobile web, as those check-ins are not included in our venue stats, venue specials, and social game elements. (This means that they do not negatively impact other members of the foursquare community.)"

So based on that no one should have any worries when using 4sqr mobile to checkin.
  • BangGowesBangGowes June 2011
    Glad to hear that cause I am using that for jumping...lol
  • glad you found this message syarif, hope it will help you also
Star Wars Snowflakes

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Foursquare Badge List