2. Shout "I Voted" or "#IVoted" during checkin

With the "I Voted" app
    1. Connect the 4sqr “I Voted” app to you 4sqr acct
    2. Checkin using the app on November 6th 2012 to a voting booth venue

Unlock instructions verified on: 11/06/2012

Badge unlocks worldwide
  • JR1JR1 November 2012
    Unlock Message

Congrats on doing your civic duty! Here’s a badge to commemorate the occasion, just in case they ran out of stickers at your polling station. Check out election.foursquare.com to see America voting, and remind your friends to vote!
  • JR1JR1 November 2012
    Space for future updates
  • JR1JR1 November 2012
    More on the "I Voted" app

"The app, located at http://election.foursquare.com , connects with the user's existing Foursquare account locate their polling location, local voter ID requirements and a list of the candidates and propositions that will be on the ballot there.

The payoff will happen on Nov. 6, when users can check in for an "I voted" badge and watch other users check in at polling locations across the country on the website in real time. The map will also provide unique features like time and gender breakdowns, as well as public tweets about voting, according to Foursquare."

from: http://thehill.com/blogs/twitter-room/other-news/265459-foursquare-announces-election-day-check-ins-at-polling-locations-
  • MeOhMy November 2012
    What if we already voted through an absentee ballot?
  • JR1JR1 November 2012
    Follow the first set of unlock instructions. That will get you the badge.
  • AFuentesJrAFuentesJr November 2012
    Does anyone know what platform is this app for? The link gives no info...foursquare just assumes that everyone has an iClone, so I wouldn't be surprised if this app is just for iOS or Android. Their support for Windows Phone is pitiful.
  • choad17choad17 November 2012
    I believe for any platform. From the 4sq app, you can connect apps. I believe the option is in the settings.
  • AFuentesJrAFuentesJr November 2012
    Not surprisingly, their is no option for that in the Windows Phone app...oh well, I'll get the badge the other way. Thanks @choad17
  • MorrMorr November 2012
    Just tried this with I Vote and #iVoted I didn't get a badge with either check in
  • UmutUmut November 2012
    I tried it with I Vote and #iVoted in Washington DC venues. Just got the NBC badges. There is a problem.
  • nuevicnuevic November 2012
    What seems to be the problem? It's not even started voting yet.
  • DanDan November 2012
    Most Voting Polls do not open until 7AM. The state I live opens at 6AM. Patience young Grasshoppers Patience:)
  • coma323 November 2012
    Is it "I voted" or "#ivoted" you need to shout?
  • rbk_4sq November 2012
    Polling station only or any venue?
    Mobile web or real ci?
  • AirKraft1AirKraft1 November 2012
    It started to unlock, checked in with real ci and shouted both strings :-) here https://foursquare.com/v/voting-at-columbia-housing/5097f4ff4b9033ce2158294b
  • MarkoFacaMarkoFaca November 2012
    Unlocked two badges at the same time, "I Voted 2012" badge and "Political Wonk" badge with this venue, just shout "I Voted" :)
  • myrnagarrido November 2012
    Unlocked the badge at New Hampshire without shout!
  • RainWave23RainWave23 November 2012
    Badge now active
  • DJROCCODJROCCO November 2012
    Real c/i, shouted #ivoted, no badge.
  • RainWave23RainWave23 November 2012
    It works if you checkin to a voting place.
  • Goshewan November 2012
    I checked in an 'Office' outside US (definitely not a voting place), shouted 'I Voted #iVoted' and the badge unlocked.
  • FranzFranz November 2012
    worked for me in the sahara where i created a voting booth which name started with "Voting" so certainly unlocks worldwide
  • KeepflyKeepfly November 2012
    Two badges for fresh account. "Political wonk" and "I voted 2012"
  • bronson25bronson25 November 2012
    I did it by mobile checkin and shoutout !!
  • StormwatchStormwatch November 2012
    Checked in on mobile web to a usual place in UK with 'Obama' shout also works with 'Romney' apparently.
  • @ DJROCCO i did real checkin no need to shout :0
  • JBinthe615JBinthe615 November 2012
    The word "vote" is enough. I shouted Go Vote at a 7-Eleven in VA, and I got the badge.
  • mira12mira12 November 2012
    checked in at a "Plaza" with #ivoted shout, outside the US. The badge unlocked, yay!
  • sunmakersunmaker November 2012
    I found out from a friend of mine that she checked in with "Election Day" in the shout out and got the badge.
Star Wars Snowflakes

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Foursquare Badge List