New Times Broward-Palm Beach Best Of Badge
  • JR1JR1 January 2013

How to unlock:
    1. Follow Broward News Times
    2. Checkin at 2 recommended venues
    To level up
    Checkin at 3 more recommended venues for level 2.
    Checkin at 5 more recommended venues for each level 3-10.

Unlock instructions verified on: 01/18/2013

Badge specific to the Broward County FL area

Venues:
    http://4sq.com/14nUU1N
    http://4sq.com/TGTdeN
    http://4sq.com/121t1Om
    http://4sq.com/WuVjKd
  • JR1JR1 January 2013
    Unlock Message:
    "You've found your way to South Florida's coolest locations! Relax, grab a drink, and accept this badge on behalf of New Times Broward-Palm Beach. Way to go, navigator! "
  • JR1JR1 January 2013
    Space for future updates
  • BrandonBrandon January 2013
    This will be a leveling badge.
  • JR1JR1 January 2013
    Badge now active
  • Steakpak January 2013
    This one took me 5 checkins to unlock.
  • DanDan January 2013
    This is a booger to unlock...took me 7 check ins. The last checkin that unlocked it was Bravo! Gourmet Sandwich. At least we have one known correct venue.
  • 4sqjunkie4sqjunkie January 2013
    Here is a list of sites that I used to unlock the badge. I will update it as folks update this discussion with other sites.

https://foursquare.com/user/4600894/list/broward-list-work-in-progress
  • ale_dalfiuale_dalfiu January 2013
    This one took me 5 check-ins to unlock, not only 2 as you wrote above.
  • choad17choad17 January 2013
    MOG has not been very good at posting the correct leveling info lately.
    For instance, the ski badges are 5 checkins per level up to level 8 then its 10 checkins per level to 10.
  • JR1JR1 January 2013
    @choad17 It is not possible for us to always have the correct info the day the badges come out. Especially when 7 new badges come out in under 30min. We have to test them and see what it takes to unlock the badges. The origional unlock instructions are based upon what the partner claims will unlock their badge, what we see from initial testing, and what people claim unlocks the badge. All of us also have full time jobs and alot of other things going on in our lives. None of us get paid to do this site. We do our best to get the correct info out there but it's not like 4sqr is calling us up and saying here is the info on how to unlock and level up a badge please go post it in your forum. We are by no means perfect and do not claim to be. Just saying that "MOG has not been very good at posting the correct leveling info lately." does not help us get better and correct info that has changed. So if you find through unlocking something that the unlock instructions have changed from when they were origionally posted please let us know so we can get them upodated. Thanks.
    Like.
  • DJROCCODJROCCO January 2013
    I've been using MOG for a long time and have been very successful in my badge and level up quests. I, myself sometimes get a little overzealous due to my addictive nature. I haven't found a better source of information on the web yet. So slow down and let the system work for ya.

To the staff @MOG, Thank You All! Keep up the good work!!! Youguys, (and Gal) ROCK!

AKA @Chri⚡ ℳiddleton★
    Like.
  • JR1JR1 January 2013
    Like........... Thanks for your support. Allways good to hear how we have helped people in their search for badges. Makes all the work we put into this feel worth it.
  • BangGowesBangGowes January 2013
    It surely takes 2 check-ins to unlock. It seems that not every venue on their list can unlock the badge. Try the confirmed venues from @Jerkratt or follow @4sqjunkie list above. Happy jumping!
  • JR1JR1 January 2013
    The venues are directly from the partners 4sqr page. As we get them tested we will updated the list. We are trying our best to keep up with everything.
    @BangGowes but the leveling info is incorrect. I checked into @Jerkratt and @4sqjunkie confirmed venues. None of the venues I've been to before. I checked into first venue and unlocked level 2. I checkin into 3 more, did not unlock level 3.
  • JR1JR1 January 2013
    Also please note the origional unlock instructions we had when the badge first went live stated 3+ more venues per level. Meaning that it could take more then 3 more checkins to unlock the next level. The unlock instructions have since been updated and should now be correct.
  • lol220lol220 January 2013
    @choad17 Just use these post as basic reference, I could tell not only 'lately' but is most of the begin time aren't correct info.
    And FYI, I can surely confirm that all 4 venues (rocco..., revolution..., w.o.beer, l.wolf) in the list which @4sqjunkie posted are all valid.
    For the 3 venues posted by @Jerkatt, only "the-gallery-at-beach-place" is invalid venue, the other two are valid.
    For your leveling rules, you need "5 more" valid venues from Lv2 to Lv3, not "3 more".

Lv 1 = 2 valid venues
    Lv 2 = 5 valid venues
    Lv 3 = 10 valid venues
    ... (Also applied to the other 6 new partner badges)
    @lol220 do you have venues you can share?

Also, by your leveling schema are you saying it take 87 venues to get to level 10 for all these new badges?

Just trying to clarify
  • lol220lol220 January 2013
    I don't have chance(time) to test for other venues yet because there is too many new leveling badges. And damn sad that many venues i've tested are invalid.
    About the Levels, I still don't confirm yet for Lv4-10, that's why I put "..." as unknown.
  • LikesTravelLikesTravel January 2013
    5 check in and nothing ....... somedoby can put the order please
  • RainWave23RainWave23 January 2013
    People have posted venues in the thread. Scroll up and you'll find them. No need to re-post them.
  • MySOdotComMySOdotCom January 2013
    I am not sure why but the majority of venues with tips are not activating for badge requirements. I have started some lists with the valid places that unlock the media badges
    http://foursquare.com/mysodotcom/lists/created

Kinda frustrating it took 2 hours to find venues to level 3 on this one, Phoenix has so far been the easiest.

takes 2 to unlock, 3 more to level 2, 5 more to level 3 (10 total) will see what happens with level 4

I am wondering if it is possible to get to level 10 with so many venues not working.

For Minneapolis most of the venues being listed in that thread are invalid.

I have confirmed thru Level 7 still 5 venues per level
    @mysodotcom how are you verifying? You have venues for riverfront badge that I know don't unlock the badge. Was using your list but now starting to think it is getting filled with bad venues
  • Steakpak January 2013
    We can all complain about the accuracy of these postings, but the fact remains that MOG is the best site for all foursquare info. This site allowed me to unlock badges that we're only available for 24 hours. So if the info is accurate that quickly, then there's never a reason to really complain. Keep doing what you're doing. I, for one, appreciate it.
  • JR1JR1 January 2013
    Thanks. Always great to hear people talk highly of what we try and do here.
  • starbugstarbug January 2013
    I appreciate it also <3
Star Wars Snowflakes

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Foursquare Badge List