Here With Friends
  • BrandonBrandon February 2013
    Here you guys go... here's your Here With Friends thread... now go crazy!

Here with Friends is a new 3rd party 4sqr app that when enabled and linked to your 4sqr acct allows you and your friends to check eachother in at any venue as long as they also have the app enabled.

This discussion is here so that everyone that wants to use the third party app Here With Friends can have a place to talk about the App.

MOG DOES NOT RECOMMEND USING THE HERE WITH FRIENDS APPLICATION. MOG CLAIMS ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR FOURSQUARE ACCOUNT FROM YOUR USE OF THE THIRD PARTY APPLICATION HERE WITH FRIENDS. (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO YOUR FOURSQUARE ACCOUNT BEING FLAGGED OR CLOSED) USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS AND LIABILITY BY USING THE HERE WITH FRIENDS APPLICATION.
    Whoever added the disclaimer... THANKS! I was just about to do that as well.
  • JR1JR1 February 2013
    Just wanted to play it safe since this app has been used in ways that go against 4sqr rules and could get peoples accts flagged.
  • choad17choad17 February 2013
    Haha I think first off it needs to be explained how it works.

Here with friends is a connected app in 4sq that let's you checkin friends that also have the app connected. So if I checkin to an event, I can check a friend in.

The app allows to email the checkin link which is how people check into past events

So if you have a test account checkin to an event then email the HWF link, you can checkin yourself to an event over and over again. Make sense?
  • TheBeairdTheBeaird February 2013
    Thanks for adding the thread. Ppl probably have questions.
    I have all MLS and NHL links for leveling if anybody is interested.
  • shssaelpshssaelp February 2013
    I would like to try the NHL links if you still have them.
  • Black_Knight February 2013
    @TheBeaird will you share the link, thanks in advance.
  • paolopirapaolopira March 2013
    @TheBeaird also in need of the sport events...could you share them please?
  • XtriforXtrifor February 2013
    @TheBeaird Can I add you as friend?
  • playaz78playaz78 February 2013
    @TheBeaird Yup, same here. So frustated with some of these sports badge which are giving me so much problems!!!
  • MarhainMarhain February 2013
    is fair to says hwf is safe or not??
    We here at MoG stick with the disclaimer at the top of this thread: use HWF at your own risk.
  • javitxu February 2013
    One question......
    Can i use the same link more than one time to level up?
    Yes...
  • javitxu February 2013
    Wowwwww!!!!
    Now it's really awesome
    I've been using HWF since December 2012 to lvl up NFL badges.
    But one checkin a day counts. So use same link once a day
    I've been using HWF since about Oct. I started using it for NFL too. I've never had any issued with. It got them all to 10x. Now I'm working on NHL and MLS. I'm hoping previous check ins will count on MLS and I've got NHL to 6x each so far. I know MOG doesn't support this app, I'm just giving my experience.
  • javitxu February 2013
    Is there any way to delete a check in using the iphone app?
    Yes go to your recent activity. Click on checkin. There is a button after where you can leave a comment. Click it and select delete checkin
  • javitxu February 2013
    Thanks
  • MarhainMarhain February 2013
    Thanks @Brandon
    I just wanted to say that although HWF will help level the sports badges, I believe 4sq is cracking down on the use especially on the NHL badges. I believe this is why the badges are not popping with the real venues. I suggest the following:
    1) Since you cannot do private checkins using HWF, only use it for event badges. Use 4sq mobile with any other badge.
    2) Remove from 4sq posting to twitter when you unlock a badge. If I can see you unlocked level 10, so can 4sq.
    3) Don't unlock any badges that are not unlocking at the moment (mainly NHL) wait until they start to unlock again.
    Twitter's got nothing to do with it. If the badges are unlocking, 4sq can see it. There are a ton of reasons why the badges may not be unlocking, but most commonly it's with events not being properly loaded by either the folks managing the system for NHL or 4sq, depending on their agreement. Number 3 is about the best comment you make.
    I strongly agree with that comment!!!
  • mm_senomm_seno February 2013
    thanks @TheBeaird for the link, i use HWF now!!
    but... Can anyone give tutorial manner of making personal HWF link ?
    i want create link venue by myself
    While in the hwf screen on the app hit the web button on the bottom right. It turns it to a web page. Just copy and paste the link
  • paolopirapaolopira March 2013
    is it possible to get the links for the sports badges please (NHL, Soccer, NFL)
  • apoflo March 2013
    can someone explain me how work HWF? can give me an example please? i need it for the sports badge..
  • EdgieEdgie March 2013
    Anyone else having problem with HWF. The HWF is there in my checkin but when I try to checkin one of my friends, I don't get any errors but the checkin doesn't seem to work.
Star Wars Snowflakes

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Foursquare Badge List