GPS Spoofing on your smart phone
  • GordonWernerGordonWerner March 2011
    It is possible to spoof your current GPS coordinates on your smart phones (like the iPhone). If you have a tip on how to do it ... post them here:

do keep in mind that 4sqr mobile is the only "safe" way to jump. If you use other apps to jump you will risk your acct being flagged or deactivated. We here at MoG do not condone nor take responsibility for anything that happens to your 4sqr acct due to any apps that you download or and devices that you use to change your location so that you can do a "checkin" on 4sqr.
  • ejaymuejaymu March 2011
    For my iPhone - I use LocSpoof. I got this app from Cydia so you need a jailbroken iPhone to install this app.
  • CraigBowmanCraigBowman March 2011
    Another good one for iPhone (via Cydia) is FakeLocation. Check out a review here http://goo.gl/Wd5ls
  • TriZzzTriZzz March 2011
    +1 FakeLocation for iPhone. Requires jailbroken iPhone via Cydia.
  • italngy March 2011
    Is there an app for the Droid?
  • liquidxsolidliquidxsolid March 2011
    For Android: GPSCheatFree or My Fake Location.
  • liquidxsolidliquidxsolid March 2011
    There are others as well, but I like these two the best.
  • olli3olli3 March 2011
    location spoofer for android .. (rooted)
    you can even save favourite locations for quick access
  • EdgerEdger June 2011
    Excellent application
  • As usual, I don't see any reference to BlackBerry! Does anyone know of a similar capability for BB?
  • bronson25bronson25 March 2011
    IM using "Catch Me If You Can" for my android !!!!
  • KittxKittKittxKitt April 2011
    I have locationspoof for my iphone! Its awesome! =]
  • NessunoNessuno April 2011
    Can you purchase the iPhone app (LocSpoof or Fakocation) w/o Jailbreaking your phone??
  • TriZzzTriZzz April 2011
    No. Apple won't allow GPS spoofing apps in the app store.
  • NessunoNessuno April 2011
    @KittxKitt, how did you jailbreak your phone to get this "locationspoof" app? What is the process to jailbreak iPhone (iOS 4 & above)?
  • ChaunceChaunce April 2011
    This is one of the more popular jailbreaking sites with detailed instructions on how to jailbreak. http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

It is how I have jailbroken all of my iPhones.
  • TriZzzTriZzz April 2011
    It should be noted that Jailbreaking your iPhone will void the warranty and you do run the risk of breaking your phone. Please use the upmost of care when jailbreaking your phone.
  • ChaunceChaunce April 2011
    Also, we are not responsible if you happen to brick your phone.
  • KittxKittKittxKitt April 2011
    @Nessuno I have a jailbroken iphone4. U may visit YouTube. Search for Dr jailbreak or locationspoof videos =] there are many videos teaching people how to spooflocation =] good luck ya!
  • TsudeilyTsudeily April 2011
    I would love to find a location spoofing app that would allow you to set favourites to make it a bit easier to do this task. Does anyone know of such an app with this feature?
  • TriZzzTriZzz May 2011
    Fake Location (via Cydia with Jailbroken iPhone) is one of the more friendly ones I've seen. It brings up Google Maps and allows you to "drop the pin" where you want your fake location to be set. Then it keeps that location until you move it. There's also a list of apps that it'll fake the location for...so, you can set your location in Foursquare, but not for other apps...

It doesn't do Long/Lat coordinates. Just a map, which matches exactly to the ones on the Foursquare page...but yeah, if you're trying to get a bunch of apps, it can be a bit daunting.

Good luck!
  • jessbanasjessbanas May 2011
    I have an android phone and I use Fake GPS by Lexa and it will allow you to save favorite locations
  • jdlc330230jdlc330230 December 2011
    For Android phones, FakeGPS is great. Here is the link to the android market for the free version: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.lexa.fakegps and donate ($1.49) version: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.lexa.fakegpsdonate
  • is there any application that has the cydia or any other repository where I can do without me chekins be caught or reported by the GPS?
  • JClawedJClawed November 2011
    Hey Tsudeily, LocationHolic is a good one for saving favorites and has a recent search history as well.
  • 4sqjunkie4sqjunkie October 2012
    I am looking for an Android application that can set my location automatically at pre-set times. All I have found so far are applications that you can manually set your location.

Thanks for any suggestions or pointer to apps.
  • I used fake GPS for my android, but not to awesome, because some 3rd app like foursquare, facebook, twitter, etc havent signature by phone, you know is like i can sign in or check in by PC and i can visit another place without GPS.

Is so awesome if app like that in Blackberry, because blackberry have signature on post application. Ex "check-in using BlackBerry smartphone" they have the signatures like that app, but android is not.

Anyone share app like that for BlackBerry??
  • Amontenegro January 26
    I have an Iphone 5s and a Windows Phone (Lumia 1020)! I don't know how to do a Jailbroken. Anyone can teach me! I want a way to do a check in and the event appears! Ex: i want the Madison Square Garden badge, but when i do a check in, the event/show don't appears. There is any solution to this?! Thank you so much!
Star Wars Snowflakes

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Foursquare Badge List