Google I/O 2011 Badge
  • ChaunceChaunce May 2011

How to Unlock:
    1. Checkin at Google I/O 2011
    or
    2. Tap a NFC-enabled phone against the poster at the Google I/O Conference in San Francisco
    or
    3. Scan the QR code on the poster at the Google I/O Conference in San Francisco

Unlock instructions verified on: 05/01/2011

Unlock Message:
    "Thanks for tapping, scanning, or searching your way to Google I/O! We have lots in store for you so enjoy the rest of the conference!"
  • PiggyBuffPiggyBuff May 2011
    http://lockerz.com/s/100356103 << QR Code seems like it works for Android phone only. That's too bad
    Thanks for the share
    you're welcome =]
  • TriZzzTriZzz May 2011
    QR Codes shouldn't be device specific. It's probably just a crappy photo. Hopefully someone will post a better pic. Thanks for the pic, PiggyBuff!
    you're welcome :)
    I was able to scan it from the pic she posted. Unfortunately the link is to the Google IO Android app and is not related to Foursquare
  • TriZzzTriZzz May 2011
    Yikes! Maybe that's why it didn't work for me, I'm an iPhone user. Hopefully someone who loves us will post the pic for the checkin and it'll work for iPhone :/
    I have an iPhone4, and was able to scan it using i-nigma with no problems. The pic is really small and tough to focus on, so if you have an earlier model than the 4, that might be why you are having issues
    I'm a iPhone user too. I do hope to seek for the right one. Btw, what time does this conference start and how long can we check-in to unlock the badge ?

I have an iPhone4, and was able to scan it using i-nigma with no problems. The pic is really small and tough to focus on, so if you have an earlier model than
  • TriZzzTriZzz May 2011
    Weird. I'm on an iPhone 4 -- it's jailbroken. I'm using quiQR which has been fantastic. I'll try the app that you used! Thanks!
  • TriZzzTriZzz May 2011
    Yeah, your app suggestion worked like a boss! No problems. The quiQR was one that the app developer charges for, but gave away for Reddit for like a few days before the Rally to Restore Sanity in DC...so that Reddit users could scan each other for some point system. It's been pretty good up until now! Thanks again, especially since it was free!
    For sure. I have been using this app for about a year or so. Always been a great app. If you scan a QR that is formatted as a vCard, it will also send the contact info directly to your Contacts in your iPhone.
    this app this awesome ! i'd rather keep finding the code and will post here if i can find it.

Good night :)
  • ZalabardZalabard May 2011
    Where and how should we check-in to get the badge?
  • JesusJesus May 2011
    Can you put specific directions as to how to unlock this badge. Do we need to download a specific app for android? Need to follow google? Check into google io conference? I tried scanning the QR code above but scanner couldnt read it...
    Thanks
    The directions are up above
  • I believe it starts at 9am West coast time.... So hopefully within the next 3 hours or so well be able to see a pic of the actual code Its almost 9am on the east coast. so i believe its 6am there. Conf. starts at 9am if i am correct
    Just so everyone is aware, this badge should begin being unlocked here in the next hour or two.
  • were waiting, just neeed the pic of the QR code....cause i havent seen an authentic QR code yet
  • iamciamc May 2011
    I have an iphone 4. Used i-nigma to capture the QR code, but it only routed me to the website. Perhaps this will change once the badge goes live?
  • that qr code was for the google I/O app for the convention going on, wrong QR code, that one is not linked with foursquare
  • iamciamc May 2011
    Ok Justin. A couple of people posted that it worked on their iphone and I thought I missed something. Thanks!
  • Need a better pic.
  • Active Now!
    no need to wait for QR code. Just normal check in at https://foursquare.com/mobile/checkin?vid=21660219 then the badge will be unlocked. I did and got it already :)

Good luck
  • weird..... ya i got it too
  • balrogbalrog May 2011
    PiggyBuff has figured it out.
  • JR1JR1 May 2011
    Confirmed: just checkin at this venue https://foursquare.com/venue/21660219 and you will get the badge... unlock caption "Thanks for tapping, scanning, or searching your way to Google I/O! We have lots in store for you so enjoy the rest of the conference!"

got the badge details edited above... thanks PiggyBuff for the venue info..
Star Wars Snowflakes

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Foursquare Badge List